Shoe Money Tonight

Occasional ramblings by an anesthesiologist/mother (and sometimes her husband).

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Baby Stuff - one month in

Yesterday, Alyssa was one month old. It's amazing how much she's changed in that little time. She's gained almost 2 pounds, grown out of a ton a clothes, spent more time awake. Yesterday, she actually held her bottle with both hands while drinking from it. We've been transitioning her to formula and it seems to be going well after a week. She had some days of really serious fussiness - hours of crying non-stop, but she seems to be settling down. She seems to be settling into a sleeping pattern at night - for the last three nights she has gone 5-6 hrs between her 9ish feeding and her next one (I know I'm probably jinxing it by saying it out loud). This basically means when we go to bed at 10, she only wakes us up once between then and 6am.

I'm a huge fan of my Moby wrap. It's made it very easy for me to get things done when she's fussy and I'm all alone in the house. In fact I'm wearing her in the Newborn hug hold right now.

I think I'm getting the hang of this mommy thimg.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home