Shoe Money Tonight

Occasional ramblings by an anesthesiologist/mother (and sometimes her husband).

Saturday, March 14, 2009

BufBloPoFo09 Day 1

It's that time of year again. For the second straight year I will be participating in BufBloPoFo. The first topic: three big things in my life right now.

1. Alyssa Joy: the biggest new thing in my life is seven months old and is sitting next to me on the couch. She was born on August 5 and is the happiest baby on earth (according to me). She's almost always smiling and laughing. We've already taken over 500 pictures of her. Everything has changed since we brought her home. The highlight of my day is seeing her smile when I come home from work. We very rarely go anywhere she can't go. I love watching her explore the world and learn to do new things.

2. Work: I'm nearly done with all my training and can finally start my career. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. In October 2009 I will be a fully trained Pediatric Anesthsiologist. After Alyssa, I focus on work. I have cases to prepare for, procedures to learn and a board exam to pass. What time I don't spend with the baby is usually spent at work.

3. BCAS: In my copious free time (yeah right), I sing with the Buffalo Choral Arts Society. I spend about 3 hours a week in rehearsals, plus a few concerts. I've spent over a decade singing with them, but I'm starting to take a more active role. I plan on running for a position on the board of directors next year. BCAS is my me time, the time I carve out for myself to relax/unwind - even if sometimes it stresses me out.

So those are my three things. Come back tomorrow for the next installment.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home