Shoe Money Tonight

Occasional ramblings by an anesthesiologist/mother (and sometimes her husband).

Thursday, October 12, 2006

It's OCTOBER Gorramit!

I love snow.

I love thunderstorms.

I love the rare combination of the two.

I do, however, think that October 12th is just a little bit early for snow. The pictures from the last post of me grilling were taken on Saturday. On Sunday, ES1 & I went apple picking with the unofficially extended family (more on that later) in gorgeous weather which was in the 70s.


Of course what I really don't like is the fact that very heavy wet snow has been accumulating on trees, weighing down the branches which are still full of leaves. As a result, trees and branches are coming down all over the place. The very large tree in the back yard has been shedding some of its healthy branches all afternoon. We've already had a small hole punched in the side of the house. Power has gone out 3 times already, for 20 seconds at a time.

Granted, in a few days it will all have melted. As of right now, however, this is not fun.

Pictures here. And it's gotten worse since then.

Updated 8/16/07 to correct image links.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our weather's been pretty...bipolar, too. Friday and Saturday, wet, cold, high probably under 60*F. Sunday through yesterday, high 70s, maybe even a low 80 or two. Today, cold and threatening rain, and it'll be a bit of a relief if the rain actually delivers in the next 24 hours.

I'm a bad, bad person. If people freak out over a little snow down here, I laugh at them -- in the friendliest possible way, of course. However, this did not stop me from getting annoyed at Maryland trying to get away with salting the roads BEFORE it snowed and not plowing afterwards. Strangely enough, Virginia's DOT is a little more clueful on that in spite of being further south.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home