Shoe Money Tonight

Occasional ramblings by an anesthesiologist/mother (and sometimes her husband).

Sunday, July 01, 2007

And you guys thought I had a sheltered life?

So Obi-Wandreas and I had to run to the store for a few things. We're in the express lane and there's a girl in front of us who had a question about the cost of her purchase. She was buying a 12 pack of cans of pop and couldn't understand why it rang up for nearly three dollars, when the tag on the shelf said $1.99. The poor teenage cashier had to call a manager over to explain the concept of a deposit to her. "You mean I have to return the cans?" Eventually she paid (by credit card) but I still don't think she truly understood the concept.

It makes me wonder how little she must actually spend her own money or do such menial tasks as shopping. Its not as if a container deposit is a new thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home