Shoe Money Tonight

Occasional ramblings by an anesthesiologist/mother (and sometimes her husband).

Sunday, March 15, 2009

BufBloPoFo09 Day 2

Today's topic is to talk about your dream meal: the food, venue, people, etc.

I think my dream meal would be my traditional family holiday dinner (from when I was little) - pasta with meat sauce (not ground beef, the kind with sausage, meatballs, spareribs, etc), cousin Mary's hot pork, followed by turkey, stuffing, potatoes, Donna's rice, salad, veggies, homemade cranberry jelly and way too many pies for dessert.

We'd be in my current house. My parents, P's parents, my Aunt and Uncle, both of my sets of grandparents, Bucky and Donna, Louie and Mary, some of uncle Mike's kids, some of Bucky and Donna's kids, assorted family members (whoever happened to be in town) would be there with P, Alyssa and me. I've always felt sad that by the time I met Peter all of my grandparents had died and the holiday meals went from 25+ people to barely 10. I want him (and Alyssa) to know the chaos and fun of my big family holidays growing up. I miss them

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home