Shoe Money Tonight

Occasional ramblings by an anesthesiologist/mother (and sometimes her husband).

Sunday, March 12, 2006

The fun that is a high school musical

Last night, my husband and I went to see a local HS production of "The Music Man." In my effort to re-connect with friends we had my friend and his wife over for dinner. They teach at said HS and asked us if we wanted to join them at the Music Man that night. Overall, it was a lively production. The male lead was a juinor and the female lead was a very talented freshman. There is just something about going to a HS production. The combination of really talented leads wtih a decent supporting cast, an all student pit, handmade sets/costumes, squeaky pulley systems and a sound system that doesn't quite work right. In many ways, superior to the professional shows. You can see on their faces, the dreams of theater, Tony awards, Broadway. Most will never make it, but the dream is there. How do I know? I had it once myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home