Shoe Money Tonight

Occasional ramblings by an anesthesiologist/mother (and sometimes her husband).

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I have said it before and I'll say it again

Stephen King stories are best told in miniseries form. For prime examples I recommend The Stand and the second version of The Shining. Very rarely does a movie version do the story justice (Misery and the Green Mile are good example). The best movie versions are from his novellas (Stand by Me, The Shawshank Redemption). But by and large his stories are too long or too short to make proper movies.

Tonight I watched the first epsiode of Nightmares and Dreamscapes on TNT . I'm watching the second as I type this. I have one word for the episode titled "Battleground".

Perfection.

The story comes from one of his earlier collections, Night Shift. It stars William Hurt and was directed by Brian Henson , yes that Brian Henson. Not a word was spoken aloud in the entire episode. The entire thing should be considered a work of art. I can only hope the other seven episodes are as good. And I will be buying the dvd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home