Shoe Money Tonight

Occasional ramblings by an anesthesiologist/mother (and sometimes her husband).

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Happy Happy Joy Joy

As of 5:30 pm eastern time today I have power again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have survived a week of living at home for the first time since I got married two and a half years ago. I was at work today when Peter paged me to tell me they were working in the backyard and that the wire was back up on our house. Not to long after that one of the nurses (who was also one of the few left without power) called his house to discover that his answering machine was on and he too had power. My aunt and uncle got their power today.

According to National Grid, everyone should have their power back on by Saturday night.

While I'm at work tomorrow, Peter will be moving our stuff back in and refilling the fridge with fresh groceries. With dinner we're going to drink our best bottle of wine and crack open the really good scotch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home