Shoe Money Tonight

Occasional ramblings by an anesthesiologist/mother (and sometimes her husband).

Sunday, July 29, 2007

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year



This year is the 20th Anniversary of Shark Week . I honestly think that I have been watching this since it first started, as I cant remember a time when I didn't watch it. I was 9 when they first started it. I have to say that I look forward to Shark Week every year, especially the new documentaries that they show.

This year they did a viewer's choice for the 8pm EST slot. "Air Jaws" won. It's about the South African great whites that jump out of the water to attack seals. There are some great photos of this on the web, including the ones on apex predators .

If you head over to iTunes, you can download some documentaries from last year. Peter and I did that last year and watched them on our trip.

I'm really looking forward to the documentary making it's debut tonight. It's about the USS Indianapolis , which was one of the worst naval losses in WWII and the worst shark attack in history. On the shark week website they have a timeline . So if anyone is wondering what I'm up to this week, at least from 8-11pm, I'll be watching Shark Week.

So, I'm a little obsessed. It's ok.

Updated 8/16/07 to correct image links.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger MonkeyGirl said...

We are addicted at the MonkeyHouse, too.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home