Shoe Money Tonight

Occasional ramblings by an anesthesiologist/mother (and sometimes her husband).

Monday, November 06, 2006

A good sunday

Yesterday was overall a good day. I started my new rotation at WCHOB on Wed and had my first in-house call there on Saturday night. Our call there is L & D call only and it was a busy 24 hrs for me - 2 d & cs, 3 c-sections, 3 epidurals (not counting the one I had to redo because the patient pulled it out). I managed to get about 5hrs sleep (uninterrupted) once things died down. I came home about 7:30, slept another 3 hrs curled up with the husband. We got up, had a wonderful breakfast of cheese grits and bacon. I got to watch a Bills game where we actually won, bummed around for most of the day, managed to get the dining room table organized and most of the junk off it. We went to my in-laws for dinner and I even got the presentation I need to give Friday morning done. I have to start a week of nights tonight, sadness. The upshot of this being my week of nights: 1. Peter is off on both Tuesday and Friday so we'll potentially get to see more of each other than we normally would, 2. when combined with my 24 hr call next sunday, it represents all of my on-call requirements for this month.

Now it is time for the Epidural Fairy to sleep, so she can work tonight.

Oh, yeah and my Sabres won yesteday too. 12-1-1 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home