Shoe Money Tonight

Occasional ramblings by an anesthesiologist/mother (and sometimes her husband).

Monday, March 23, 2009

BufBloPoFo09 Day 10

Who inspires me?

I think I'm going to talk about the physician who inspired me to go into medicine.

Her name is Asha Kumar, MD. She is an ophthalmologist who specializes in corneas/corneal transplants. She also does general practice ophthalmology, which is how I met her. I first saw her as a patient when I was about 5 or 6 years old. She was the first female doctor I ever met. She has a thriving solo practice and managed to have/raise what appear to be well-adjusted children.

I've pretty much wanted to be her from the moment I met her. I even went to medical school thinking I was going into ophthalmology. And she's never let me forget that I changed my mind :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home