Shoe Money Tonight

Occasional ramblings by an anesthesiologist/mother (and sometimes her husband).

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Bars in Buffalo

So my husband and I finally downloaded from iTunes the latest album from Big & Rich . One of their songs featured the following line "Oh and Chippewa's where we go when we're up in Buffalo Don't you know those Yankees drink enough to drown."

I got to thinking about it. Chippewa, for those who don't know, is a street in downtown Buffalo filled with bars. Bars that due to Erie County laws are allowed to be open until 4am. Yes 4am. I always wondered how NYC could be the city that never sleeps and have it's bars close at 2am. There are no shortage of bars in Buffalo. And (for the time being) it's an easy trip over the border into Fort Erie for those of the 19 and 20 year old variety. I'm always surprised more of our colleges don't end up on the party school list. Besides Chippewa there are two more bar strips - Main St and Elmwood. Each caters to a slightly different crowd. There were many times I closed out the bars on Chippewa. So how come I can't seem to stay up past 11pm now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home