Shoe Money Tonight

Occasional ramblings by an anesthesiologist/mother (and sometimes her husband).

Monday, April 10, 2006

Busy me

Sorry about the lack of recent posting. On April 3rd I started at a new site. Since that time I have had one late call (8 pm) and two 24h calls, plus my usual regular schedule. And did I mention my 24 hour calls were Friday and Sunday? Plus I'm on call again tomorrow (24h). So that explains the lack of posting. But I get a week of vacation starting Thursday. YAY!!!!!!!

A note about anesthesia call. It is an unusual thing. It's possible to have a 24h Sunday call and not do anything. That happened to a colleague of mine last week (lucky son of a @%#!). Depending on where you are call can mean - intubating people/responding to codes, emergency surgeries, putting epidurals in pregnant women, c-sections. Each hospital has its mix of some or all of them. The site I am at now is not a trauma center so the occasional emergency comes in (an appendix for example) but does transplants. There's no OB, but we do elective intubations/codes. My Friday call was great. I didn't do anything but read after 9 pm. Yesterday I saw pre-ops in the am and was in the OR from 1 pm until 2:30 am. And then I had to give a presentation at 6:30a. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I love what I do. But I was really tired when I got up this am. And I have to do it all again tomorrow.

Anyway, that's the reason for the lack of posting. I'll post more when I'm on vacation.

TTFN (for you non Tigger fans that means ta-ta for now).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home