Shoe Money Tonight

Occasional ramblings by an anesthesiologist/mother (and sometimes her husband).

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Baking again - Pinze

It's the first day of my vacation. I decided to do some baking. This time, I'm making my grandmother's recipe for Pinze (Easter Bread). I've made it with my mother for many years, but this time marks my first solo attempt. It seems to be going well so far. I've been at it since about 11:30 am and first loaf (of 3) won't be hitting the oven for another 1/2 hour or so. Thank god for mixers or I'd have been kneading bread by hand.

I love this bread. So does my out of town family, to whom my mother ships several loaves every Easter. She made a triple batch (each batch makes 3 loaves) of the bread and is baking it off today. Tomorrow morning, she'll be at UPS/FedEx/USPS (I forget which one she uses) to ship them out for guaranteed Saturday delivery. I always knew it was a lot of work, but I don't think I truly understood until I actually did all the work today.

I'll let you know how my attempt turned out.

Update! (5:51 PM) As per request, some pictures.

Update II! (5/10pm 4/14) - yes that is a hard-boiled egg in the braid.

Update 3 - 8/25/07 to fix image links

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures? s:)

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I'm a freak...but is that really a hard-boiled egg in the last one?

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home